The following is a list of services that the Islamic Center of Irvine provides:
Two Jummah prayers are offered every Friday at the ICOI to accommodate the needs of our growing community. Parking is available in the ICOI and Chinese Cultural Center parking lots. Please do not park in the lots of the neighboring businesses or apartments as we are not allowed to park there. Vehicles found parked at the neighboring businesses or apartments are subject to towing.
- Jummah Prayer 1: 12:00pm (khutbah starts)
- Jummah Prayer 2: 1:15pm (khutbah starts)
Professional Counseling Services
At this time, ICOI does not offer counseling services on-site. However, the following individuals or agencies provide (for a fee) culturally-sensitive counseling to our community members:
- Access California Services - (714) 917-0434
- Noha Alshugairi, M.S. (Marriage & Family Therapist) - (714) 312-6642
- Munira Ezzeldine, M.S. (Pre-marital counseling) - (310) 486-6342
- Deana Helmy, M.S. (Pre-marital counseling) - (657)-229-4638
- Fatima Wahab, M.S. (Pre-marital counseling) - (714)-514-4006
- Maria Qureshi Mir, M.S. (Pre-marital counseling) - (909)-568-1412
- Maryam Kazi, M.S. (General counseling) - 714-765-1604
- Maryam Rasouli, M.S. (General counseling) - 714-917-0440
The seniors group meets monthly to discuss matters that pertain to the more mature members of the community. The forum includes a lesson about health issues, a short video, exercise, and light refreshments. Please sign up in the office if interested.
In partnership with the South Coast Literacy Counsel, ICOI offers ESL classes every week. For more information please contact the office.
The youth group (ages 7-17) meet every Friday night from 7:30 to 9 pm. For more information on specific activities and program details, please contact the youth group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please stay in touch with ICOI for announcements regarding special events, evening programs, and weekend seminars. Sign up for our weekly newsletter, follow us on twitter or like our facebook page.
Having had successful eWaste Collection Events, ICOI has placed permanent eWaste recycling bins at the center for the community to bring by and drop off their unused electronics. Unused electronics include: CRT & LCD Monitors, TV sets, Mice/Keyboards, Cables & cords, Computers, Printers, Hard Drives, Shredders, Cell phones, Power supplies, Fax machines, Telephones, Laptops, Servers, DVD players/VCRs, Copiers, Computer peripherals, and toner. Household and kitchen appliances are not accepted.
ICOI offers Nikkah/Kitaab services at the center. In order to hold your Nikkah/Kitaab at ICOI, the following criteria must be met:
- Must obtain a marriage license from the county and must provide a copy of the marriage certificate.
- Must provide a copy of a valid photo ID (drivers' license or passport).
- One wali (guardian) for the bride and two witnesses must be present.
- Must fill out a Facility Request Form to reserve a date four weeks prior to the marriage ceremony.
- An appointment must be made with Shaykh Jamaal Diwan three weeks prior to the marriage ceremony.
- $200 donation payable to ICOI (no one will be turned away due to lack of funds).
- If the party is under 75 people, it will be held in the MPR.
- If the part is above 75 people, it will be held in the Main Prayer Hall. If held in the Main Prayer Hall, clothing must be appropriate, and sisters must be covered properly.
Usage of ICOI Facilities
Please review the Facilities Usage Policy before filling out a request form. By filling out the request form, you agree that you have read and will abide by the policy.
ICOI Facility Request Form
If you would like to hold a gathering at ICOI, please email Office Administration or call (949) 786-4264.
ICOI now has its own Parent Teacher Student Organization. Membership is only $5 per person per year. Find out more about the PTSO and sign up today!.
The ICOI Board of Directors has established a group of committees which will enable to community to help with various activities at ICOI. The committees are as follows:
The purpose of this committee is to enhance the community's Islamic education and knowledge through a curriculum of of diverse classes and instructors.
The purpose of this committee is to create all marketing material for ICOI events (both print and web). The committee will also be responsible for publishing a quarterly magazine and monthly newsletter.
The purpose of this committee is to enhance and maintain youth involvement at the Islamic Center of Irvine.
The purpose of this committee is to revive and renew inspiration of Faith through innovative programs utilizing local/high profile figures.
The purpose of this committee is to develop and run fundraising campaigns for the Islamic Center of Irvine.
The purpose of this committee is to setup and maintain all technological aspects of the Islamic Center of Irvine and its events.
The purpose of this committee is to promote a positive image of Islam in the community by fostering mutual understanding and appreciation among all faith communities.
If you are interested in joining any of the above committees please fill out the volunteer form and specify the committee you would like to join.